Abigail Echo - hawk


  I'm writing on my phone at a stop light in Norman, because I don't want to forget what I just experienced. I feel things coming together for me.

Decolonize data. Health Equity, and people of color.

I've never felt more seen and heard more at my time at my job than I have when Abigail Echo-Hawk was here.

Her words were captivating, her heart was on fire, and she opened the eyes of everyone in the room.
Things often get white washed by white eyes and it pisses me off.

Abigail said everything I have been trying to tell my white colleagues and more in such an eloquent way that bought tears to my eyes.

I hope that I can speak to crowds like she does, and make strides in the lives of my people.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Reads of 2021

2 months in

August Feels