I'm way (in the wilderness) I feel.. blessed?

Grounding: basic training or instruction in a subject
In short, earthing or grounding is putting the body in direct and uninterrupted contact with the earth.




But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. Jeremiah 17:7 NLT 



If you're reading this you probably have an idea of where I got the title from. If you remember Big Seans' song, Blessed. The main part went like this "I'm way up I feel blessed!" This of course made everyone's theme song and caption. You get a new job, you have money, gotta scholarship, wonderful family, baby daddy is great.. #blessed.

But as I walk with Jesus and grow in Him, that's not my theme song. In fact, scripture tells us that "blessed" is directly opposite of what the world considers.

What does blessed even mean? 


This past week I have been feeling dry. The Bible, that I uncandidly tell anyone who will listen how much I love has been the last thing I want to read. The thick book sits bedside is starting to collect half-opened mail and crumbs. The thought of trying to "figure it out" looks like a chore as I stare at it. My mind has to push through molasses to even open it. And lately, my app is what I settle for.

The mental hurdles to spend quality time with Jesus and meditating and/or studying scripture is the battle.  My focus on the love that the Father has for me and the great thoughts and plans he has toward and for me (Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 5:5, Zephaniah 3:18-20)  gets perverted and comparison
 thoughts like:  
  • "Why am I still wandering in the wilderness, how is this blessed?"   
  • "Did I do something wrong? Am I not doing enough?"
  •  "Am I still suffering the consequences of my disobedience?"   
  • "When will God deliver me from this situation and bless me?" 


But truth is, none of that is true. He will deliver, He's a provider, and victory is in Christ. Truth is, God is not a man, He can not lie, and He has never spoken a word and not delivered. In fact, He tells us that He watches over His word to ensure that it performs what He intended it to do. and it cannot come back to Him void!  Isaiah 55:1.  Jesus took all of our sin on the cross in His body and killed in there. Point, blank period.  And our Daddy, God is faithful to forgive us and cleanse us of all unrighteousness when we confess them to Him. 1 John 1:9

The trials, the wilderness no matter how dry it may look grows us into stronger, wiser children of God.  Developing our character and endurance. James 1:2-5. He has given us His peace and joy. So now I can say that I am more content in the season I'm in, Finding joy and peace in the wilderness I know will only make me better, while God is molding me in the secret place.

All God is asking for us is to trust Him. Will you trust Him? 


You are blessed. 


  1. Blessed is the man who has made the LORD his trust. Psalm 40:4
  2. How blessed is the man who trust in you! Psalm 84:12
  3. Blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice. Luke 11:28
  4. But those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength, they will rise up on wings as eagles. They will run and not grow weary, they will run and will not faint. Isaiah 40:31 
  5. Blessed is the one who's transgressions are forgiven Psalm 32:1-2 
  6. Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial James 1:12 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Reads of 2021

2 months in

August Feels