Day 3

Damn,





I realized how many times I check, touch, and look at my phone.

this is day 3 without social media, and I realize it every day. Maybe even every few hours that I am not on social media.

I stopped being on social media because I have been feeling every urge to constantly check it every single day, and by the year it just gets worse.

I went from having fun on it and being able to leave my phone at home in my early college days
to consciously making a decision to not check my dms, comments, and see who "liked" my pic
to in 2017 checking it because of feeling anxiety come on
to now even checking it while I'm driving, and even the first thing I do when I wake up.


Yikes I know.

So today is day 3. I started reading a book "How to break up with your phone".
And I intend on documenting my experience.
Day 1 was good, I felt refreshed and my mom and Jaylon came over.
Day 2, I started to think about some of the broken relationships, wondering if certain people like me or not, then I was faced with a severe thunderstorm threat in the middle of the night. It sucked, and anxiety was hightented for me. Did I do anything about it?
well actually I did do a breathing meditation. But then I reverted back to my go-to resort.

Day 3. I have been reading the Psalms, today I -reread Psalm 3, worked out, showered, got some things done at work, and ate some Oreos. lol That is something I wasn't planning on doing, but oh well.

Salud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Reads of 2021

2 months in

August Feels