Blank Canvas

Every other week
In my little corner
I secretly anticipate you
when the time comes
bringing in our gallons of water.. that I don't even drink any more
yet I somehow perk up when I hear you're here for delivery
                         your entrance...
today I got the courage to ask  "what do you do?"
                             I found myself stuck looking at you
                             I found myself stuck the longer our eyes met
                             The longer our eyes met the more simple glue seemed to turn into
                             seasoned hardened super glue, that had separation only
                             when our nerves that kept us from speaking week after week
                             started to
                             show up by our bashfulness.
                           
                             I found out you work Mondays through Fridays
                             My coworker pointed you out one week
 complimenting on how your such a good worker
                 
                             I can't say that doesn't entice me
                             your work ethic is admirable
                             Since he said that, I've been thinking of you
                            But I'm just thinking about whens the next time you'll be coming my way

My mind can't help but wonder, who are you?
What do you like?
Who are you?
I just want a peak into your existence, to see what story these eyes have to say

You spoke and we locked eyes 
Those eyes..
I've  never seen them before.
Your beautiful face quickly became the only thing I notice in the world for that moment.
It was like tunnel vision on your eyes.
                                                                                       

                                                                                      Usually I am drawn to something familiar 

                                                                                    But this isn't familiar.

                                                          And the unfamiliarity of your presence makes me feel..safe.
                                                     

  As we locked eyes, I began to see the beauty of your face
I quickly found myself lost in your eyes
disregarding your brown-sugar toned skin
But only looking deep into your eyes.

Eyes.


There was something gentle and new in your eyes.
And I felt safe gazing into your space.

                 I'm not sure when I'll be seeing you again, but this one is for you Mr. Blank Canvas. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Reads of 2021

2 months in

August Feels