When did love become elusive

 Love, or the pursuit of finding it. 

I find myself wondering why love has become elusive 

The open mouth of comparison waits, hungry to swallow me up as I watch the entire world find love so easily. While I show up as genuine, loving and authentic as I can only for love to hide from me 

Left with the remnants of empty words, and a heart that is still willing to give so freely

I look down at my empty hands and up at the blue sky

I think of my father, and his father.. and his father... the games they played with women and the mistreatment of their previous partners and wonder if this is what I suffer from? The consequences of their actions on their daughter? 

When did love become elusive? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Reads of 2021

2 months in

August Feels